Try this Healthy Matcha “Nice Cream” Bowl
Looking for a refreshing dessert without the guilty calories? Try this delicious green tea “nice cream” – incredibly refreshing and deliciously smooth consistency from the frozen bananas.
The key ingredient in this recipe is matcha powder. Matcha is an incredible superfood, it contains 137 X the antioxidants compared to standard green tea.
Matcha is the whole tea leaf which is turned into a fine powder. It’s great as a tea but it’s perfect in recipes like this too. It’s non-bitter and fresh in flavour.
You can read more here: matcha health benefits.
- 5 frozen bananas (the riper the better)
- Coconut water
- 2 Dates
- 1 Tablespoon Zen Green Tea matcha powder
- Topped with summer berries, seed sprinkle and a piece of dark chocolate
- Place all ingredients through your food processor. You can add more coconut water or frozen bananas to get the ideal consistency.
- Serve in a bowl and decorate with the topping of your choice
NOTE: This recipe stores perfectly in the freezer- so you can keep some on hand when a sweet craving hits!
It’s critical that you buy high quality matcha green tea in order to gain the full health benefits. Zen Green Matcha Tea is an Australian company which sources premium quality Japanese matcha green tea powder with the full health benefits. You can also order from Evergreen Matcha which ships internationally.