When a new baby comes along, it can turn your world upside down. So if you’ve got friends that will be welcoming their first child into the world sometime soon, then no doubt they will be asking seasoned parents for some tips and advice. It is a time for gift giving too, to help them with all that a new baby entails, as well as to make life easier for them in those precious first few months. So with that in mind, what are some really practical gift ideas that are going to actually be useful? They certainly won’t need another bunch of flowers! Here are some ideas for the next baby shower you go to, or when you’ve got a friend with a new baby.
- Stylish Nappy Bag: we all want nappy bags that don’t actually look like nappy bags. And thankfully, the designs and styles have come a long way in recent years. If you wouldn’t be brave enough to choose one for them, then a gift card for the store where you’ve seen them can be just as good.
- Toys and Teethers: with a new baby there will be a need for some new baby toys and teething toys. Look for ones without small parts, so that they can be enjoyed when their little one is small. Brightly coloured toys or ones with fun prints and designs can be a good idea.
- Meal Prep Gift Card: when you are sleep deprived, one of the last things that new parents will want to think about is what is for dinner. But you also don’t want to eat junk take out food as it can make you feel worse. So getting them a gift card for somewhere like HelloFresh or Gousto, meal prep companies, can be a good idea. The food gets delivered to them with the exact things that they need; a very practical gift.
- Milestone Cards: with more and more of us having all photos on our phone, it can be tricky to remember what was happening when the picture was taken, when it comes to getting them all printed out. Which is where milestone cards can come in. They mark the first word, first crawl, first time sleeping through the night, and so on.
- Echo Dot: the personal assistant from Amazon is a must for new parents. If they are exhausted or nursing, meaning no hands are free, it can be a great tool to play music, ask a question, check the weather forecast, and more. If anyone is in need of help like this, then it is new parents.
- Pamper Kit: being able to take some time out as new parent and enjoy a bubble bath or paint your nails in peace can be just what you need. So a little goodie bag of some pamper treats can be the perfect gift for a little down time to help them relax and make them feel like themselves again.
Is there anything else that you would add to the list? It would be great to hear what you think.